Applications are invited from qualified candidates for admission into 5- year and 4- year Part-Time Degree Programmes.
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The admission requirements for Bachelor’s Degree Programmes are as follows:
5 YEARS PROGRAMME
- WAEC/NECO Senior School Certificate (SSC), General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level (GCE O’Level) or their equivalents with credits in five (5) subjects obtained at not more than two sittings and National Technical Certificate/National Business Certificate (NTC/NBC) is acceptable for Vocational courses only.
DIRECT ENTRY: 4 YEARS PROGRAMME
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (N.C.E.) with at least Merit in 2 core subjects, GCE A’Level with passes in two subjects, OND/HND (for some courses) in relevant areas with at least Lower credit, Cambridge (A level) Certificate with passes in two subjects, Academic Diploma from recognized Universities (for some courses in relevant areas) are required in addition to (1) above for Direct Entry. Advanced National Technical/Business Certificate (ANTC, ANBC) is acceptable for Vocational courses only. This is in addition to 1 above.
* A credit in O’Level English language is required for all courses.
SPECIAL COURSES REQUIREMENTS
- A credit in O’Level Mathematics is required for all Sciences, Vocational and Technical and Social Science-based courses.
- Credit in Literature in English is required for English Language.
- A credit in at least one science subject is required for Mathematics.
- Candidates wishing to study Educational Management should have obtained credit in English Language, Mathematics and Economics at the Ordinary Level.
- Credits in any two (2) of Geography, Economics, Government, Commerce, Christian Religious Knowledge, Islamic Religious Knowledge, History and Yoruba are acceptable for the study of Social Studies.
- Candidates wishing to study Counseling Psychology with teaching subject options in science and social sciences must have credit in Mathematics.
The following courses are available in the underlisted Colleges:
A College of Applied Education and Vocational Technology
- Sc. (Ed.) Business Education
- Sc. (Ed.) Technical Education with options in: (i) Automobile Technology (ii)Metal (iii) Building (iv) Woodwork (v) Electrical/Electronics
- Sc. (Ed.) Secretarial Administration and Education
- Sc. (Ed.) Home Economics & Hotel Management and Education
- Ed. Educational Management
- L.S. Library & Information Science and Education
- Ed. Counselling Psychology
- Ed. Early Childhood Education
- Ed. Educational Technology
- Ed. Adult Education
B College of Humanities
- A. (Ed.) History and Diplomatic Studies and Education
- A. (Ed.) Christian Religious Studies and Education
- A. (Ed.) Creative Arts and Education
- A. (Ed.) Islamic Studies and Education
- A. (Ed.) French and Education
- A. (Ed.) English Studies and Education
- A. (Ed.) Yoruba and Education
C College of Sciences and Information Technology
- Sc. (Ed.) Computer Science and Education
- Sc. (Ed.) Biology and Education
- Sc. (Ed.) Physics and Education
- Sc. (Ed.) Mathematics and Education
- Sc. (Ed.) Chemistry and Education
- Sc. (Ed.) Human Kinetics and Education
- Sc. (Ed.) Health Education
- Sc. (Ed.) Agricultural Production and Management Science and Education
D College of Social and Management Sciences
- Sc. (Ed.) Economics and Education
- Sc. (Ed.) Political Science and Education
- Sc. (Ed.) Geography & Environmental Management and Education
- Sc. (Ed.) Social Studies and Education
- Sc. (Ed.) Transport Planning and Management Education
* Candidates are to note that they are to offer one vocational course along with their courses of study for which a proficiency certificate will be awarded.
Admission forms are available at a cost of Ten thousand Naira (N10,000) only.
METHOD OF APPLICATION (LOG IN PROCEDURE)
Part-Time forms with brochure can be obtained on-line through the following step by step procedure:
(i) Visit the TASUED website by typing www.tasued.edu.ng on the web page.
NB: Only the www.tasued.edu.ng. has the legitimate and authentic platform for the Part-Time application form. (ii) Click Part-Time application form.
Candidates are strongly advised to click the Part-Time Degree Brochure and carefully study the O’ Level requirements for the courses applied for before applying on the TASUED website,
www.tasued.edu.ng (iii) Complete the Part-Time application form by providing the required information. (iv) Submit your form by clicking submit button. (v) Print out an identification slip containing your colour passport photograph. The printed slip will serve as candidate’s identification/admission card for the screening test.
Note that false information provided by any candidate shall be detected by the special TASUED software application and such candidates shall be disqualified.
Screening shall be conducted on Friday, 2nd September, 2016 for all 100 level and Direct Entry (200 level) applicants at ICT Ososa Campus of the University by 9.00 a.m.
Candidates’ participation in the screening exercise is a mandatory requirement for entry into the University.
The results of the screening exercise should be checked on the University Website a week after the screening.
CLOSING DATE FOR PURCHASE OF FORMS ON-LINE
Friday, 26th August, 2016
F.O. Odutuga MNIM, ACIPM